Inflation slows; JSE, Rand gain; Sars IT head suspended; Arms deal ruling white-washed; Growth could see outages
In today’s business headlines:
- South Africa’s headline consumer inflation slowed to 4% year-on-year in July;
- The inflation figures helped a recovery on the JSE and in the value of the Rand;
- SARS has suspended its controversial IT chief Mmamathe Makhekhe-Mokhuane following serious allegations of misconduct;
- South Africa’s High Court has set aside findings of an inquiry that found no evidence of corruption in the arms deal in the 90s linked to former President Jacob Zuma; and
- Growth in GDP could lead to Eskom power outages.
Author: BizNews The Daily Insider