UPDATED: The “remain here” challenge
If you’re spending all or some of the December holidays in Joburg, then why not join in our #RemainHere challenge?
In a nutshell, all you need to do is print a blank December and January calendar and schedule as many exciting, festive and “touristy” things to do as possible (with some much-needed downtime by the pool thrown in, for good measure!)
Why print the calendar? It gives you a focus, and makes you focus on how best to use the time you have. We filled ours out in pencil so that we can easily switch days around – but have written any pre-booked events in pen.
We’ve listed our events below to give you some ideas and to inspire you. We have also linked them to the relevant websites in case you’d like to see more information or book tickets.
We’d also LOVE some of your suggestions, so do leave those in the comment section below!
The aim? To make these Holidays the most festive, fun and memorable days of 2018, while also experiencing our beautiful city through the eyes of a tourist.
Do join us!
OUR LIST SO FAR:
- Thursday 13 December (am) – Kids Christmas Cookie Decorating
- Thursday 13 December (pm) – The Grinch movie
- Friday 14 December (pm) – Monte Christmas Village and outdoor movie on the Piazza (The Incredibles 2)
- Saturday 15 December (am) – Christmas Ginger Bread House Decorating
- Monday 17 December (pm) – Garden of Lights and Magic Show at Emperors Palace
- Tuesday 18 December (pm) – Dinner and Christmas Lights at Melrose Arch
- Wednesday 19 December (pm) – The Play That Goes Wrong at Montecasino
- Thursday 20 December (pm) – Snow White Pantomime
- Friday 21 December (pm) – Lipizzaner Christmas Show
- Saturday 22 December (pm) – Watershed LIVE on the Montecasino Piazza
- Sunday 23 December (am) – Visit Santa at Sandton City
- Sunday 23 December (pm) – Joburg Ballet’s Cinderella at Montecasino
- Monday 24 December (am) – Support the Sandton SPCA by getting all our gifts wrapped at Sandton City.
- Monday 24 December (pm) – Boney M LIVE at Times Square
- Friday 28 December (am) – Hop On Hop Off tour of Joburg
- Saturday 29 December (all day) – Cradle of Humankind, Maropeng and Sterkfontein Caves
- Sunday 30 December (pm) – A Christmas Carol at Montecasino
- Thursday 3 January (am) – Billions Bubble Show at Times Square
What have we missed? What else can you suggest? Please comment below and we’ll keep this list up-to-date!